Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pull request sent

Today I finally finished my rewrite of the MFRC522 library and sent a pull request to the upstream repository: Now I look forward to hear Miguel's response - will he welcome my changes or reject them as "too invasive"?
Since last time I also added functions to use the MIFARE Classic Decrement/Increment/Restore/Transfer commands and an example of how to use them (it requires changing the sector trailer).

The next step in the project is building the electronics for driving a Ruko/Abloy EL582 solenoid lock I have bought for use in this project. I expect that to be a lot simpler than rewriting the MFRC522 library ;-)

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MFRC522 library cleanup

Almost 8 weeks ago I wrote: "I will translate the comments to English, clean up, and implement proper anticollision and support for 7 and 10 byte UIDs."

I have now finished the following subjects:

  • Anticollision
  • 4, 7 and 10 byte UIDs (ie cascade levels 1, 2 and 3)
  • Cleanup
  • Verbose comments in English
  • Tested Authentication and reading from MIFARE Classic cards.
I still need a little work on:
  • Testing writes to MIFARE Classic cards (should not be a problem).
  • Support for reading and writing MIFARE Ultralight cards.
  • Updated example scripts
  • Updated keywords.txt 

So now I actually believe I will finish this job - and hopefully soon so I can get on to building some electronics for the electric lock.